Purpose and Benefits of Manicure:
The main purpose of the manicure treatment is to improve the look and feel of your hands and fingernails. Another purpose is to clean, strengthen, shape, make attractive and sometimes even dress your nails.
The other benefits associated with manicure include:
- It improves the health and texture of your hands and fingernails.
- It helps in preventing hang – nail formation.
- It may help in treating sore or broken skin if present around the nails.
- It helps in preventing nail damages like fragile tips, cuts or splits.
- Massage that often accompanies manicure helps in improving the health of the skin by increasing blood circulation.
- By improving the health of the skin, it discourages the wrinkling of the skin on hands.
What is a Paraffin Pedicures/Manicures?
A paraffin pedicure/Manicure is a treatment during which paraffin wax is applied to the feet/hands in order to moisturise the skin. The paraffin is usually applied after the feet/hands have been washed and buffed and after the nails have been cleaned, cut and filed.
The pedicure/manicure includes the application of nail polish, this is done after the paraffin has been applied, left to cool, and then removed.
Before the paraffin wax is applied to the feet/hands, it is warmed in a small tub. As such, the wax is in a liquid state when it is applied to the feet/hands.
The feet/hands are dipped into the tub of wax two to three times, then wrapped in a plastic bag.
Once treatment is concluded your feet / hands will be left feeling and looking luscious!